Broker Check
7 Habits of our Highly Successful Clients

7 Habits of our Highly Successful Clients

November 17, 2020

With the increased volatility of 2020, many people have asked us how to handle all the changes and what successful clients have done. Below we have compiled 7 things that our most successful clients do that keeps them on track!

  1. They schedule consistent appointments with us to monitor their plan

Plans have a certain amount of uncertainty built in. Even if there is a 95% chance of success, that 5% chance is when something knocks the plan off course. Plans require constant monitoring to keep it on track and make adjustments to see it through.


  1. They keep close track of their spending

We talk about watching your budget all the time. The reason is that it’s easy to convince yourself you aren’t spending as much as you think you are, particularly when you are denying your desires while you shop. Your brain will say things like “I didn’t buy that $700 couch so this $100 pair of pants is my reward” when in fact you may not be able to get the pants either and you still overspend.


  1. They max out their retirement savings

If you are working and can contribute to a 401k, your goal should be working towards maxing out your contribution. Once that is accomplished, you should work towards maxing out your IRA contributions—while most likely not tax deductible, you still get tax deferred growth.


  1. They keep an open mind to new possibilities

This doesn’t mean getting on the new hot IPO. Rates have been low and many people are refinancing their mortgages. It’s a process and can take time and research but will save you money in the long run. You have to be open to the idea that this may help your situation!


  1. They schedule time to work on their finances

Sitting down at your computer to look at your budget or call the Social Security Administration about benefits isn’t exactly everyone’s idea of fun. If you track your budget and meet with yourself (and spouse if applicable) the 3rd week of every month. You will know where to cut back and where you are saving and set new goals for the next month. It works! Commit to the process and you will be amazed!


  1. They look for ways to save

You don’t need to be an extreme couponer to save. You can shop sales or take advantage of seasonal discounts and deals. There’s no need to pay full price if you can get a deal!


  1. They ask questions

Don’t be afraid to ask! If we don’t have the answer we will find out! And finally have some fun along the way!


The opinions voiced are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual.